Borrowed from Carolanne (Hello, Dearest Hurricane)
1. What are you wearing? Right now? yoga pants and a concert tee we bought like a million years ago when we went to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the American Airlines Center (something I highly recommend. If you get a chance to go see them when they come to your area, GO. You won’t be sorry. They are amazeballs. 🙂 )
2. Ever been in love? You bet your booty.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? Yeah, a couple in high school.
4. How tall are you? 5’5″
5. How much do you weigh? I weigh more than I want to and less than two full sized kegs of beer.
6. Any tattoos? Not yet. I’m kind of a coward when it comes to pain so I haven’t gotten the juice up yet to actually get one though I’ve known what I’d want if I DID get one forever. I’d get a kinda beat up looking joker card from a deck of cards with my son’s name and birthday and maybe, if they could work it in there somewhere, an autism support ribbon.
7. Any piercings? Just my ears.
8. OTP (One True Pairing)? Oh god, that’s a hard one. Bob the Builder and Wendy, for sure. And Kirk/Spock, of course.
9. Favorite Show? It depends on the day.
10. Favorite Bands: It depends on the day, really. But if I had to choose one favorite overall it would have to be The GooGoo Dolls.
11. Something you miss? My mamaw. 😦
12. Favorite Songs: Oh geeze, I have SO many favorite songs. Right now I’m really digging on “The Music of The Night” from Phantom of the Opera and “A Little Fall of Rain” from Les Miserables.
13. How old are you? 39
14. Zodiac Sign? Virgo
15. Quality you look for in a partner? He has to be smart, funny, sympathetic and able to deal with my mental/physical disabilities. Hubs, though he has his own issues, is the eternally child-like Peter Pan to my no-nonsense rules-following Wendy.
16. Favorite Quote? “Don’t make the same mistakes that everyone else makes. Make wonderful mistakes. Make the kind of mistakes that make people so shocked that they have no other choice but to be a little impressed.”
― Jenny Lawson,
17. Favorite Actor & Actress? Patrick Stewart and right now I’m kind of digging on Jason Momoa and Travis Fimmel (Ragnar Lothbrok on the show Vikings).
18. Favorite Color? Browns, dark greens, dark reds, dark purples, black, grays. I am SUCH a “winter”. LOL
19. Loud or soft music? It really depends on my mood. I don’t listen to soft music very often, mostly because if it’s too soft I can’t frigging hear it because of my tinnitus. I listen to loud music more often..which is how I ended up with tinnitus in the first place.
20. Where do you go when you’re sad? I hide in bed.
21. How long does it take for you to shower? It depends on how tired I am or what I’m going to do after I shower. Usually 5-10 min though I’ve taken longer showers when I’m too tired to get out of the shower.
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? It depends on if I’m doing my makeup that day or not. If I’m not, then it takes about 5-6 minutes top since all I have to do is throw on my uniform and pull my hair back into a pony tail or a bun. If I’m doing my makeup that day, then it takes at least 20 min because makeup.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? Yup..many times.
24. Turn on? A good sense of humor, naturally, and a hot body doesn’t hurt. I like guys who are skinny, but not heroin chic thin. Big muscles (except in a couple of very specific instances of celebs) aren’t really all that attractive to me at all.
25. Turn off: Acting like an idiot on purpose when I know you’re smarter than that. That ticks me off more than anything.
26. The reason you joined WordPress? Because it was free and I wanted to try blogging again. I had a LiveJournal (as well as a DeadJournal..that really was a place that existed) in the past but I’d stopped blogging for several years because of my depression and anxiety.
27. Fears? Needles…oh god I hate needles. I’m also terrified of heights.
28. Last thing that made you cry?A TV commercial with puppies. No seriously. Ugh.
29. Last time you said you loved someone? This morning.
30. Meaning behind your blog name? The name was borrowed from a filk (IDK what that means but I know that’s what it’s called, I think. Maybe?) song called “Star Trekkin’ “. Besides, if you’re going to go forward, you might as well BOLDLY go since you can’t go in reverse ANYWAY. Right?
31. The last book you read? A book I’m reviewing for NetGalley called “Paper Tigers” about a young British guy’s year in Japan learning kendo. It’s actually really good. 🙂
32. The book you’re currently reading? Wonder by Louis Palacio…I’m reading it to my son.
33. Last Show You Watched? Game of Thrones…I just got season 7 on BluRay from the library and I’m going to try and watch all of it over the three day weekend.
34. Last person you talked to? My husband.
35. The relationship between the last person you texted? Since my cellphone isn’t hooked up to a service, I’ve never actually texted anyone. I wouldn’t even know how to do that if it WAS hooked up to a service.
36. Favorite Food? I’m a Southern girl to my toenails and I love a good chicken friend steak with mashed potatoes, cream gravy (aka white gravy) and fried okra. I also have an insane love for Guy Fieri burgers that they serve aboard Carnival ships. Because those are some of the best burgers I’ve ever had in my life.
37. Place you want to visit? My dream would be to visit England and more specifically, London, because I’m kind of a Henry VIII/Elizabeth I fangirl and I would love to be able to see like Whitehall Palace, the Tower of London and some of the other places that are historically important as far as their reigns went. 🙂
38. Last place you were? In bed, dealing with a panic attack by watching Youtube videos.
39. Do you have a crush? Nope.
40. Last time you kissed someone? I kissed my son on the cheek as a thank you for taking some empty milk jugs out to the recycle bin.
41. Last time you were insulted? I can’t remember the last time I was insulted, actually. It’s been awhile.
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? I like bittersweet stuff like dark chocolate the best. The darker and more bitter the better. I blame that year or so period I worked at Godiva in my mid-20s when we had access to ALLLLLLL the chocolates. It was actually part of our job, when we were training, to try every single chocolate we kept in stock so we’d know how to best serve the customer when they said they were looking for something with a particular flavor profile.
43. What instrument do you play? I could insert a VERY dirty answer here..but I won’t.
44. Favorite Piece of Jewelry? Right now it’s the Bella Perlina (Pandora knock-off) bracelet I got for Christmas. I actually don’t wear jewelry all that much, to be honest, since I can’t wear it (except small studs or small hoops) at work. I also have an owl pendant necklace my mom made me that I wear quite a lot because I love owls.
45. Last sport you played? Sports? Me? Surely you must be joking. I don’t DO sports. ALTHOUGH, I would join a Jugger team if such a thing existed in America. Sadly, Jugger seems to be only an Australian thing.
46. Last song you sang? I sang “Hands of Gold” from Game of Thrones in the shower last night.
47. Favorite Chat Up Line? What?
48. Have you ever used it? No?
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? October, when I hung out with one of my besties who happens to be an elementary school librarian. It was fall Book Fair week and my volunteering was an excuse to hang out with her and a couple other moms who also volunteer at her elementary. 😀
50. Who should answer this question next? Whoever wants to, I suppose.