In pursuit of my goal of finding ways to be #FuriouslyHappy, I’ve written a knitting pattern for some fingerless gloves which I’m in the process of test-knitting to see how they turn out.
If you’d like to follow along and test knit with me, here’s the deets.
Yarn: Premier Wool-Free Sock Yarn in “Vegas Lights”.
Needle size is unknown. I have a butt ton of needles laying around and these are some gold-colored double points which I’ve used with sock yarn and light fingering weight yarn before. I have NO idea what size they are, however. Use whatever you’d usually use for sock weight yarn, though. One of these days I’m going to find my lost needle sizing tool (I have one somewhere, I swear) and figure out what size needles these are though.
Here’s the pattern.
Row 1: P all
Row 2: K all.
Row 3: K1TBL (through the back loop), P2 across all stitches.
Rep 3 until you have 10 rows.
The first needle will be N1, second needle N 2 and the third needle is N3. There SHOULD be 16 stitches on N1 and N3, with 28 stitches on N 2.
- K 16 (N1), *K2together (aka K2tog), Yo2 (yarn over twice), SSK* across N2, K 16 (N3).
- K 16, *P2, K1, P1* across N2, K16
- K16, *Yo, SSK, K2tog, yo* across N2, K16
- K16, *K1, P3* across N2, K16
Rep these 4 rows 3 times.
- K8, place marker (PM), KFB (knit in the front and back of the next stitch, increasing stitch count by 1), PM, KFB, K7 (there should be 8 stitches before the first marker and 8 stitches after the second marker), continue in pattern on N 2, K all stitches on N3
- Knit all stitches on N1 (slipping markers as needed), continue in pattern on N2, K all stitches on N3
- K 8, SM, KFB first stitch after marker, k to last stitch before marker and KFB, sm, K8, continue in pattern on N2, K all stitches on N3.
Repeat these rows 2 and 3 until you have 18 stitches between the two markers. At that point you can either bind off or place the stitches onto waste yarn and we will deal with them later.
- Knit all stitches on N1, continue in pattern on N2, K 8 stitches on N3, place marker, KFB, PM, KFB, K7 on N3.
- Knit all stitches on N1, continue in pattern on N2, K all stitches (slipping markers as needed) on N3.
- Knit all stitches on N1, continue in pattern on N3, K 8 on N3, slip marker (SM), KFB first stitch after marker, to 1 stitch before last marker, KFB, sm, K 8.
Repeat 2 and 3 until you have 18 stitches between markers and either bind off at this point or slip stitches on to waste yarn.
Continue in pattern for hand, until the length is to your liking. Knit all stitches for two rows and then bind off (if you’re unsure..watch this video. It’s pretty simple.)
I’ll take pictures as I go and let you know how it goes. I’ve never really written a pattern before but I guess maybe I actually have now that I think about it because I’ve gotten really good at Frankensteining patterns together in a way that suits me.